Thursday, September 30, 2010

"How I Met Your Mother": Season 6, Episode 2. "Cleaning House"

Production Designer: Steve Olson
Set Decorator: Susan Mina Eschelbach

Source: IMDB


Not all that long ago* I wrote an entry regarding how to recreate Glenn's (Jennifer Aniston) office set in "Cougar Town". After scouring the internet to find the chest of drawers upon which sat 5 vases and a Buddha (I think it's a Buddha, no time to research), I recommended a Moorish chest from Wisteria that was of the same genus but not the species so to speak. Here it is again to jog your memory:

Source: ABC

Now that I am paying close attention to all of the individual pieces that go into a set I've discovered my first instance of an item resurfacing. This week's "How I Met Your Mother" took the cast to the house of Sam Gibbs (Ben Vereen). Check out what's hiding there in the back:

Source: CBS
Either Glenn and Sam shop at the same store or that chest is a popular rental with set decorators for me to notice it twice in the same week. I'd still love to find out who its initial designer/retailer was, and to know more about its authenticity. As I'm in Boston instead of Los Angeles, I doubt I'll get my answer any time soon.

Lastly,  if I were to know ahead of time that I'd be seeing that chest again, I'd like to give it a nickname so I can play my own version of "Where's Waldo?" Right now, all I can think of is "Chesty McChest," and that isn't quite cutting it.

*It really can't be that long ago. I've only written 6 entries including this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment